Many of us with Windows 7 or Windows 8 want to upgrade it with a better and upgraded version, Windows 8.1 which was introduced by Microsoft in 2012. It is one of the most recent versions of Windows that is available without any additional license fee for Windows 7 and Windows 8 users. However, if you want to upgrade from any other version, you need to provide Windows 8.1 product activation keys.
If you are using Windows and want to install Windows 8.1 on your computer, the process is simple. If you're going to upgrade from older Windows version, don't worry, we have compiled a list of Windows 8.1 product key for you that will actually work.
Read also :
We understand that many of you don't want to pay for Windows 8.1 and looking for activation keys that work. This is exactly why we have compiled a list of active keys that can help you activate Windows 8.1 as your operating system without paying anything to Microsoft. Keep reading the article to enjoy an upgraded version of Windows with better features.
What is New With Windows 8.1?
So why should you upgrade your operating system to Windows 8.1? Isn't it wise to look into the features of Windows 8.1 and the benefits it offers before looking into product keys? Right, it is.
Here are some of the best new features that make Windows 8.1 upgrade a mandatory for many of us.
What are the Latest Windows 8.1 Features?
Here is the list of some of its new features that are no available with previous versions.
- You can have plenty of latest and additional applications
- Microsoft added upgraded video and music software
- Internet Explorer is better
- Offers better security and stability with enhanced power shell and updated app store
- Better search feature
- UI is better than Windows 8 with some excellent customization options
- Several Windows 7 and Windows 8 bugs fixed like live tile sizing and application snapping
Isn't the new features luring? But this is not all, as Windows 8.1 also comes with several technological upgrades as well.
Better Technology in Windows 8.1
You can find several technologies used in Windows 8.1 that are not available with previous versions.
These technologies include:
- It comes with a built-in support for 3D printing
- The version also supports Resilient File System, also known as ReFS, and DirectX 112
Looking for an Active Windows 8.1 Product Key for 32 and 64 bit?
Well, before finding a key, make sure you know what to look for and how the product key for Windows 8.1 looks.
It consists of 25 characters, that is available in the following format:
Product Key: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
Once you know how it looks like, it is time to find it on your computer in case your PC already has Windows 8.1 installed.
- Do you own a PC that comes with a pre-installed Windows 8.1? If this is the case, you can find the key somewhere on your PC printed on the sticker.
- If you can't find it there, ask the dealer to provide you with the Windows 8.1 product key. However, this can work if you have bought your PC only from an authorized dealer.
- If you don't have a PC with pre-installed Windows, and using a Windows CD/DVD to install Windows 8.1, you can find the product key in your product box, where it is printed on a card.
- If you have a legitimate Windows 8.1 installed on your computer, but you no longer can access the key, you have to download and use a keyword finder program like this one.
- In case you own a Windows 8.1 digital copy, you must have received the key in your email. Just look into your emails, and you will find one if you have provided the right email.
In case, nothing works for you. Don't worry - we have an updated and complete list of working product keys listed in this article.
List of Windows 8.1 Product/Serial Keys 2020
If you don't have a legitimate key with you, don't worry. You can choose from our list of working Windows 8.1 product keys we have listed below. These are absolutely free and works 100% for you.
You can also find Windows Ultimate activation keys, active product keys for Windows 8.1 Pro, along with Windows 8.1 product keys. Let's start with the Windows 8.1 working keys first.
The above are 100% working product keys for Windows 8.1. However, if you have a different version, please check below.
Product Keys for Windows 8.1 Ultimate
If you're using a Windows 8.1 Ultimate on your computer, the above keys will not work. Instead, try the ones we have listed below.
The above are legitimate activation keys. Copy one of the above and use it for your operating system, and in most cases, they will work. If it is not working by any chance, this means someone else has picked it and used it before you. In that case, try a different one.
We also update these keys regularly, so you will find an activation key that is not used before, so keep trying. In rare cases, if none of the above keys work for you, this means all of the keys have been used. You have to come back later to check back our list again as we update it after every few days with new keys.
Activating a Product Key for Windows 8.1
Once you have a product key with you, you need to learn about how to activate it. Here is a complete guide.
What are Windows 8.1 System Requirements?
For those of you who are planning to install Windows 8.1 as the operating system on their computer, it is important to learn about the system requirements as Windows 8.1 is a heavy OS. Your computer must have a configuration that can run this version of Windows else it will not only slow your computer, but the Windows will keep crashing.
Here is what your computer must have:
- At least 1 GHz speed of the processor with at least 2 GB RAM
- You also need 20 GB of free hard disk space to install Windows 8.1
- A good quality graphics card that can support DirectX
If you have a computer with the above configuration, you can install Windows 8.1 and use the activation keys in this article.
The Process to Activate Windows 8.1 Using Activation Key
We are sure you now have a working activation key from our above-mentioned list, but you also have to learn about the process of using that key to activate your Windows 8.1. We have listed several activation methods here, both with product key and without the key.
Activating Windows 8.1 with a Valid Product Key
Let's talk about activating Windows 8.1 with a product key first. If you have a product key, follow the listed steps.
- Make sure you have closed all running programs
- After that, go to Start → Run
- After that, you can see a dialogue box and a text box
- In the text box, type "slui 2"
- Once you press Enter, you can see an activation window. The message will ask you to provide a Windows 8.1 product key.
- After that, choose any of the above-listed product keys and enter in the text box
- After that, the Operating System will activate Windows. However, if it doesn't work, try a different one unless you find a valid key from our list.
Give some time to your computer to activate Windows as it takes a few minutes. It will try to connect to Microsoft's Server to validate the key, so you must be connected to a reliable internet connection.
Activating Windows 8.1 When You Don't Have an Active Product Key
This is the difficult part, as you need to find a way around the legitimate product key to activate the Windows 8.1. If your Windows doesn't activate even after using the above method and using all the keys listed above, and you don't want to wait for our next update list, then try to follow the methods listed below.
Also, keep one thing in mind, these methods don't always work, so success is not guaranteed, but you can try your luck.
Method 1: Windows 8 Upgrade
If you are looking for the easiest way, then upgrade from Windows 8. In this case, Microsoft will not ask for any product key as Windows 8 users are allowed to upgrade to Windows 8.1 without any license fee.
Here is how to start the process:
- Make sure to back up your important data before upgrading to Windows 8.1
- Check if you have an extra 3 GB of disk space available
- If you're using a gaming laptop or laptop under $500, make sure to upgrade Windows on direct power instead of battery
- As Microsoft server will upgrade the Windows, you need not only reliable internet connection, but also fast speed connection.
- Another prerequisite is to install all updated and latest security updates
- During the upgrade, make sure the antivirus program is turned off
Upgrade Process Without Using a Windows 8.1 Product Key
Once you're done with all the preparations, here are the actual steps you need to follow.
- First of all, go to the Windows Store on your already installed Windows 8 OS
- You can find an option to upgrade to the Windows 8.1 on the Windows Store
- After that, click the Download button to initiate the process
- After that, Microsoft will start downloading Windows 8.1 in the background from its server, which is why you need a fast internet connection.
- Windows will also install all these updates in the background one by one
- After some time, depending on your internet connection, the process will complete, and you will see a message that will ask you to restart your PC (Make sure to have fast internet before starting the process as the faster your internet, the faster the process will finish)
- After that, click on the restart option that will allow your OS to implement all the upgrades
- You can now see an update screen, where you can choose "Use Express settings" to proceed further
- This is it. Now you can simply sign in Microsoft account to reinstall all your favorite apps back to your new Windows.
When following the above method, you don't need to provide a Windows 8.1 product key at any step.
Method 2: Creating Your Windows Activator
If you don't have Windows 8, the above method will not work for you. In that case, you need to get little more technical to activate Windows 8.1 on your computer without a valid product key.
In this method, you need to copy paste some code into a specific file to change it. You will also change the extension of the file and run it, which in most cases, will activate your Windows 8.1.
This is actually creating your own activator for Windows 8.1 product key. Here are the steps you need to follow!
Here is the code or text that you need to paste in a text file. Once you paste it, save the file on your computer.
- After that, save the text file using the right-click and Rename option. You have to rename the file to "activator.cmd" that will turn the script into an activation key.
- In most cases, this will do, but in case, your system fails to convert .txt file into .cmd, you need to enable Windows settings.
- For that, go to View at the top menu of your text file.
- After that, go to "File and folder options".
- You can see a new window on your screen with three tabs, View, Search, and General.
- Go to View → Advanced Settings.
- From the list of different options under Advanced Settings, look for "Hide extensions for known file types" option and uncheck it.
- By doing so, you can now easily change the .txt file into .cmd file.
- Now that you have a .cmd file with the above-mentioned text, right-click it, and select "Run as administrator".
- After that, you will see a brief window that will appear on your screen that will disappear on its own in a few seconds.
- After that, restart your PC.
This is it. Now you have an activated copy of Windows 8.1 without even providing any serial key. Even though the method works in most cases, but this is not a guaranteed result.
If both of the above methods don't work for you, then there is no other option but to use the Windows 8.1 product keys mentioned in our above list. All of these keys are 100% genuine and must work unless someone picked them before you.
This is it! You can now use Windows 8.1 by using out genuine serial keys or you can simply try one of the above methods that allow you to activate Windows 8.1 without owning a keyword. One way or another, this article helps you install and work with Windows 8.1 without any activation issues.