Shopping for a brand new electric razor can be trickier than it seems. While most people don't realize is that it's important to keep your skin type in mind as you look for a new shaver, this is important for ensuring you are able to get close shaving ability for your facial hairs no matter what kind of skin you have. With a great razor, your face will be smoother and shinier.
Therefore, in this list of electric shavers, you'll be able to find options that can trim quickly and offer you comfortable shaving. Whether you prefer the lather of shaving cream or need to shave on the go without water, you'll surely find the option that is best for your needs here.
|Name||Battery Life||Waterproof?||Modes||Additional Features|
|Braun Series 7 790cc||50 minutes||Yes||5||Wet&Dry, docking station, increased power for denser hair.||Buy on Amazon|
|Braun Series 9-9095cc||50 minutes||Yes||2||Wet&Dry, docking station.||Buy on Amazon|
|Panasonic Arc 5||45 minutes||Yes||1||Wet&Dry, docking station, 5 blade system, 70,000 cross-cuts per minute.||Buy on Amazon|
|Remington F5-5800||60 minutes||No||2||Wet&Dry, intercept shaving technology.||Buy on Amazon|
|Braun CoolTec||45 minutes||Yes||2||Wet&Dry, active cooling technology.||Buy on Amazon|
|Philips Norelco Shaver 4500||50 minutes||Yes||2||Wet&Dry, docking station, dual precision shaving heads.||Buy on Amazon|
|SensoTouch 3D Philips Norelco||50 minutes||Yes||2||Wer&Dry, UltraTrack heads, AquaTec technology.||Buy on Amazon|
|Wahl Professional Shaver Shaper||50 minutes||No||2||Professional Kit, Wet&Dry.||Buy on Amazon|
|Panasonic Arc 3||42 minutes||Yes||2||Wet&Dry, Multi-Fit Aro blades, LED display.||Buy on Amazon|
It's important to find something at your comfort level so that you can get the perfect shave. The manufacturers of these electric razors work hard to offer you some of the best grooming products on the market today. Therefore, each is primed and ready to offer you a smooth shaving experience.
- Intelligent Sonic technology automatically increases power while shaving in difficult areas and on denser hair
- The Series 7 electric razor comes with an ActiveLift trimmer that captures flat-lying hairs in problem areas
- OptiFoil cuts hair as short as 0.05mm for perfect closeness; Fully charged in 1 hour
- Synergized foil and blades give you a perfect shave with Series 7 razors
- 100% waterproof shavers for easy cleaning. ActiveLift trimmer captures flat-lying hairs in problem areas
In this article, the top spot for electric shavers goes to the Braun 790cc. This Braun shaver is ideal for most people and offers fantastic overall value. The Braun series is also claimed to be one of the best in the German Tech Industry for electric shavers.
In addition, the 790cc is a top-selling model adored by many customers and reviewers. It comes with plenty of bells and whistles such as a cleaning and charging dock to keep the shaver charged and full. As a result, there's really no question as to why Braun is one of the most popular series.
Furthermore, this shaver has a number of additions to make sure you get an amazingly smooth and close shave every time. The head of the shaver is made to easily glide over your skin in a flexible way to create a great shave without nicking the skin. On the head are three trimmers, one of which is a special “ActiveLift” trimmer while the others are “OptiFoil”.
This ActiveLift trimmer is made to cut out in-grown hairs and also those that are shorter to make your shave more efficient. It features some great additions, including a 50 minute battery life, cleaning dock, the ActiveLift and OptiFoil trimmers, although it is missing the Wet & Dry Technology seen in the 9095cc. Overall, there's no doubt that the Braun model 790cc is a great razor capable of using fewer strokes to remove more facial hair.
With the press of a single button, you can clean any germs away from the shaver with alcohol using the station. You'll then be able to choose from 3 personalization modes for your shave, including intensive, normal and extra sensitive. It also comes with a great pop-up trimmer to keep your sideburns, beards and mustaches neatly trimmed.
While using over 10,000 micro-vibrations per minute, this razor is able to offer you a comfortable, close shave. The pivoting head also helps to cover every inch of your skin and capture more hairs per stroke. It's also made to easily travel the contours of your face. While both the 790 and 9-9095cc are Braun devices, the 790 does come in at a lower cost which adds the reasons why it's a favorite in this list.
In some situations in which a customer needed assistance with their razor, they have had trouble getting efficient customer service from the manufacturer.
If you're in the market for a durable, efficient electric shaver then this is a fantastic option.
- Braun's most efficient and comfortable shaver for skin. Proven on 3 day beards.
- Intelligent SyncroSonic technology: The synergy of 4 specialized cutting elements and intelligent Sonic Technology with 40,000 cross-cutting actions per minute, designed to capture different types of hair.
- Quadruple action cutting system for maximum facial adaptability.
- OptiFoil for perfect closeness that lasts longer. Braun's most advanced foil structure.
- World's only 5-action Clean&Charge Station: Hygienically cleans, charges, lubricates, selects cleaning program and dries at the touch of a button.Quick-charge for one shave in only 5 minutes
While this is the most wallet-busting shaver, it's also one of the most advanced options you'll come across. The Braun 9-9095cc is one of the fastest electric shavers, capable of getting your face smoother in no time at all. Made with shiny chrome plastic, this shaver has a fantastic look and a lot of power backing it up.
The 9095cc model includes a “Direct & Cut” trimmer that is made to help align and cut stubborn facial hairs. This additional trimmer makes the 9095cc stand out when compared to similar models, such as the 790. Therefore, hairs that are growing in a different direction sometimes need help being moved into the optimal direction for shaving, this shaver takes care of that issue.
Whereas the 790cc model has the ActiveLift trimmer, the Braun 9095cc model offers the HyperLift trimmer. Both work to lift and remove flat hairs, but the latter might be slightly more efficient. On the other hand, the 790 is created with a metal head whereas the 9095cc is largely made of plastic so if you have a material preference, that may help you choose between the two.
Essentially, the 790 model will work very well for the normal beard so if that's the case for you then you may not need to spend the extra money unless you're seeking even more shaving comfort. Meanwhile, the Braun 9095 Pulsonic Shaver is the more powerful model, capable of 40,000 cross-cuts per minute while remaining skin-friendly.
While customers largely love this razor, they can sometimes have difficulty finding replacement parts as needed.
When you want a top of the line, high-quality electric shaver then this is absolutely worth checking out.
- Sharp Men's Shaver Blades: Panasonic Arc5 men's electric shaver with five ultra sharp precision honed 30° Nanotech blades and ultra thin Arc foil follow facial contours for a quick, close and comfortable shave
- Wet/Dry Electric Shaver and Trimmer 2 in 1: Built in pop up trimmer details mustaches, beards and sideburns; Wet/dry waterproof shaver allows for convenient shaving in or out of the shower
- Multi Flex Pivoting Head: Panasonic flexible pivoting electric shaver head glides effortlessly to trace the individual contours of face, chin, neck and jaw; Built in shaving sensor monitors differences in beard density and automatically adjusts cutting power for exceptional comfort
- High performance Motor with a Linear Drive: This Panasonic shaver is equipped with a linear motor which delivers 14,000 cuts per minute (70,000 crosscutting actions per minute) and maintains peak power up to the end of every battery charge
- LCD Battery Indicator: The shaver's 10 stage LCD shows battery status at a glance; Rechargeable, portable and travel friendly
If you're looking for close shaving, then you'll be likely to find that the Panasonic Arc 5 is one of the best options out there. Some customers even find that they get the closeness of a manual razor in the package of an easy to use electric shaver. Panasonic is a well known Japanese brand that is made to offer a close shave, and the Arc 5 is a perfect example.
The Arc 5 is perfect for those with long, thick hairs that require a very close shave, so if you have a heavy beard then try this razor out. In addition, the 5 powerful blades it offers create an efficient shave without pulling or tugging on hairs. You'll also be able to keep track of the battery life easily using the built-in LED panel on the shaver.
In addition, you'll get a great performance with the Panasonic Arc 5, including a higher level of comfort for those with sensitive skin. The pivoting head is also made to travel easily over your skin, cutting out any ingrown hairs or stubborn hairs on your face and neck. Like you'll find with Braun, there's also a convenient trimmer if you're just looking to keep your mustache and beard looking neat.
Furthermore, there are three foil types that you'll find with the Arc 5. These include the three slit foil, which works to trim down longer, thicker hairs. Then there's the One Lift-tech trimmer, for your ingrown and flat lying hairs. Finally, you'll find the Finishing foil, designed to pick up any hairs left behind to complete the shave.
The Arc 5 foil shaver also includes a cleaning and charging dock which works to prevent germs from spreading due to your shaver. Overall, this shaver and the trimmers on it have a lot to offer no matter what kind of facial hair you have.
Because it is an older model, it may not always be as efficient as the newer ones. You may also find that it takes longer to get a close shave.
Many find that this shaver is able to get them more efficient results than newer models, including a much closer shave.
- Intercept Shaving Technology Pre trims longer hairs
- Pivot and Flex Foil Technology Stays close to skin for smooth results
- Rechargeable Battery 60 minutes of cordless runtime
- Pop up Detail Trimmer For finishing touches on your facial hair and sideburns
- Easy to Clean Washable under the faucet. Charging time 2 hours
Not everyone wants to pay a lot for a razor, and in those instances the Remington F5-5800 is a razor worth checking out. It comes in at less than $50, allowing you to get great results without emptying your wallet. This razor is also cordless and offers a great recharging system, but you can also use it with the cord as well.
Furthermore, the Remington F5-5800 is an excellent entry-level shaver that has a lot to offer within the sub-$50 price range. You'll get a comfortable shave with a razor that is able to glide over the contours of your face to give you a close shave. The F5-5800 is also easy to clean by simply running the head under water after your shave.
While it is a budget shaver, the Remington F5-5800 is still able to give you an efficient shave without irritation. No matter how the razor moves around your face, pivoting upward or downward, you'll still get an excellent, comfortable result. In addition, within the head you'll find 1 trimmer and 2 foils that work together to give you a great shave.
Also keep in mind that there are some concessions that come with the low cost. These include a higher level of noise than other options, and the razor being made mostly from plastic. However, these are small compromises for the affordable cost at around $49.
Make sure to check this razor as soon as you get it to make sure that the battery will be able to do a charge, just in case a replacement is needed.
When you want a great, close shave that won't break the bank this razor is a fantastic choice.
- Active cooling technology automatically cools the skin while you shave.
- Adaptable 3-stage cutting system includes shaving elements that move independently over every facial contour.
- SensoBlade technology captures hairs growing in different directions for ultimate smoothness.
- Clean & Renew system hygienically cleans, charges and lubricates at the touch of a button.
- Wet and Dry shaver that can be used in the shower.
For those who have sensitive skin, this razor offers some cool tech in the form of TEC (Thermo Electric Cooling) technology. Consequently, this Braun is a foil shaver, and a truly smart option for those who want something that won't cause irritation. Furthermore, it offers Wet & Dry technology that gives you the option to use foam or get a quick on-the-go dry shave.
Whether you have skin sensitive to razor irritation, dry or oily skin, the Braun CoolTec is a great choice. It's able to cool the skin using specialized Cooling Technology. Due to that technology, you'll be able to avoid redness, burning and skin irritation from shaving.
In addition, the cooling technology available in the Braun CoolTech makes dry shaving easier, as you won't have the need for cooling fluids, foams or gel. You'll also be able to get the ultimate smoothness while shaving in any of the different directions you may need to. When you're finished, you'll be able to easily clean off the shaver in the sink because it its water-resistant.
Because of the Braun Cooltech, you'll be able to get comfort and closeness in your shaving experiences. With each refreshing stroke, you'll find that is shaves facial hair efficiently and easily, making men's grooming a snap. Through the combination of the precision trimmer and SensoBlade, you'll surely be able to cover every facial contour.
You'll also find that Braun really backs this shaver, offering you a two year warranty when you purchase it.
Some customers do find that this razor doesn't give the close, comfortable shave they are looking for, and furthermore that the cooling feature is the most effective part of the device.
If you want something that will offer a smooth shave regardless of your skin type, this is a great one to try out.
- DualPrecision heads are designed with slots and holes to quickly and comfortably shave both long and short hair
- A great gift, the shaver's Aquatec Technology allows you to shave wet with gel or foam for extra skin protection or dry for convenience
- For best results, replace shaving head every 12 months with SH50/52 replacement head
- Integrated pop up trimmer is perfect for sideburns and moustache
For a quick, comfortable dry shave or refreshing wet shave using shaving cream or gel, try out the Philips Norelco Shaver 4500. Due to the Wet & Dry Technology, this shaver is able to suit your needs whether you need to get a fast shave on your way to work or prefer to take your time. Aside from being able to shave wet or dry for convenience, the Norelco AT830 also has` a pop-up trimmer that will help you to get your moustache and sideburns into perfect shape.
With the help of dual precision technology, the Norelco AT830 is able to do away with both long and short hair to give you an even shave. The shaver's AquaTec Technology also helps to give you extra skin protection. However, if you are looking for an even more comfortable shaving experience, then it's always a good idea to use gel or foam if you can.
The Norelco AT830 is a PowerTouch shaver with rotating trimmers rather than foil ones. It also offers a pivoting head, though it may not be able to pivot quite as much as the SensoTouch 3D. This drawback is one of the few reasons for critical reviews on this product. Regardless, the Norelco AT830 is a highly recommended device that many customers have enjoyed.
If you decide to try out this shaver, make sure you look into the warranty and return or replacement policies because from time to time customers have received shavers that suddenly stop working.
If you're looking for an efficient, comfortable shave in either wet or dry conditions then this shaver is well worth a shot.
- Model Number 1250X/42 and Model number 1250cc/42 are both the same
- Combine channels to catch the longer hairs, slots to catch the normal hairs
- With holes to catch the shortest stubble
- With a jet clean system which cleans, lubricates, and charges the razor
The SensoTouch 3D Philips Norelco is an ideal rotary shaver for you to use for shaving hair on your head and beard alike. It's able to offer a close shave that covers all of your facial contours to make for an efficient and comfortable shave as a result. The pivoting head also works to handle hair and stubble alike using the spinning independent round foils.
The Philips SensoTouch 3d is a rotary shaver with a head that is able to pivot and glide against your skin. It also comes with a couple of beneficial features, such as the specialized “GyroFlex 3D” head, which is specially designed as well as the “SuperLift & Cut” which works somewhat like the lifting features that come with Braun and Panasonic known as ActiveLift and Lift-Tech respectively.
This lifting technology helps to ensure that in-grown hairs as well as flat hairs and stubble on your jawline or neck are able to be cut easily as the SensoTouch 3D moves upward or downward against your skin. Without a doubt, the ease with which the head of this Philips shaver can capture all different kinds of hairs makes it well worth a look.
Keep in mind that if you try out this shaver, the replacement heads can be particularly expensive.
If you tend to prefer rotary shavers over their foil counterparts and need something that will work well for both your beard and head, then this is a great option.
If you're a big fan of American brands then this Wahl Professional 8061 is worth a look! Wahl is a well known, powerful brand that is used by a lot of professional barbers, so you know it can be trusted. This electric razor will surely be able to offer you the bump-free, close and smooth shave that you're looking for.
For those who have sensitive skin or are prone to bumps after shaving, the Wahl 8061 is the perfect choice. Because it's made to use hypoallergenic foils, it helps to keep away bacteria that can cause a lot of trouble for sensitive skin users. As a result, you'll be able to avoid cuts and burns that can occur along the neck and jawline with other razor brands.
Alongside the antimicrobial protection, you'll also get the benefit of the DynaFlex Cutting System that comes with the Wahl 8061. This DynaFlex system makes it easier to get to hard to reach areas more easily. While the design is plastic rather than aluminum, it is much lighter and more user friendly than more heavy-duty metal body.
The Wahl 8061 also comes with a fantastic pop-up trimmer that will help you with keeping your sideburns, beard and mustache well-kept. Due to the smaller size, it's also going to be much more travel friendly so you won't have to worry about replacing your shaver when you travel.
Do keep in mind that this isn't a quiet device, so make sure you're okay with it being noisy prior to purchase.
While it may not look as fancy as other models, this shaver offers a lower price and a lot of efficiency backing it.
- Sharp Men's Shaver Blades: Panasonic Arc3 men's electric shaver with three ultra sharp Nanotech blades and ultra thin Arc foil follow facial contours for a quick, close and comfortable shave
- Wet/Dry Electric Shaver and Trimmer 2 in 1: Built in pop up trimmer details mustaches, beards and sideburns; Wet/dry waterproof shaver allows for convenient shaving in or out of the shower
- Flexible Pivoting Head: Panasonic flexible pivoting electric shaver head glides effortlessly to trace the individual contours of face, chin, neck and jaw
- High performance Motor with a Linear Drive: This Panasonic shaver is equipped with a linear motor which delivers 13,000 cuts per minute and maintains peak power up to the end of every battery charge
- LCD Battery Indicator and Sonic Cleaning: The shaver's 10 stage LCD shows battery status at a glance, and sonic vibration cleaning mode removes stubble easily; Rechargeable, portable and travel friendly
For an outstanding, comfortable shave it is worth your while to try out the Panasonic Arc 3 ES103S electric razor. It offers fantastic shaver coverage and closeness using a pivoting head that has no trouble adjusting to your facial contours. You'll also be able to get 13,000 cuts per minute using the high-performance linear motor in this device.
The Panasonic Arc 3 is also able to offer you convenient shaving. The head glides easily over each of the individual contours of your face, creating a close shave. Whether you need to shave your chin, beard and sideburns or neck and jaw, you'll get exactly what you need out of this shaver.
Consequently, men of all skin types will be likely to find the Panasonic Arc 3 to be one of the best shavers on the market. It offers Wet & Dry operation as well as a sonic vibration cleaning mode to make shaving and cleaning easy. Furthermore, with just a few swipes of the Panasonic Arc 3 you won't find a trace of facial hair, making it ideal for many. Among many electric shavers of this price range, this is surely one of the best.
A few customers have experienced problems with the display suddenly dying and the shaver no longer holding a charge, so be aware of replacement possibilities if you try this one out.
If you want something that can offer a smooth, easy shave and don't mind paying a little more for a razor shaver then this is a fantastic option.
Whether you're looking for something that is great for travel, friendly to sensitive skin or any other needs you might have, you'll surely be able to find the perfect razor in this list. Some of these electric shavers work great even for professional barber settings. There are also a wide variety of brands to choose from, such as Panasonic, Braun, Remington and Philips.
It's going to be worthwhile to do plenty of research on the electric shavers that interest you, that way you'll be most likely to find the one that is most skin-friendly and able to remove the most hair in a single shave. Efficiency and comfort are both highly important when it comes to shaving.