Combining your router and modem on the very same device can make your life a lot easier. It can allow you to access your network controls easier and also conduct upgrades in a much more efficient way. Having this kind of combination is also excellent for future-proofing, because it's just so simple to use.
Because of this easy of use, internet users all over have come to love these simple combo devices. They limit the amount of wires and devices in your home for a much easier overall experience. In the list below, you'll find some of the best modem/router combos on the market today.
|Weight||Wi-Fi Speed||Household Size||Compatibility Notes|
|NETGEAR C3000-100NAS||1.6lbs||N600||Very small – Medium||Windows, Mac, Other TCP/IP networks.||Buy on Amazon|
|Motorola MG7550 AC1900||1.48lbs||686Mbps||Around 3,100 square feet||Windows, Mac, HDTVs, gaming consoles.||Buy on Amazon|
|Actiontec 300||1.6lbs||300Mbps||Up to around 3,000 square feet||CenturyLink ADSL and other DSL ISPs only.||Buy on Amazon|
|NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900||3.3lbs||AC1900||Medium - large||Windows, Mac, TCP/IP networks.||Buy on Amazon|
|NETGEAR N600||1.89lbs||Dual-band N600||Very small to medium||Windows, Mac||Buy on Amazon|
|ARRIS SURFboard SB6141/Wi-Fi N600||N/A||Up to 600Mbps||Medium to larger homes||Windows||Buy on Amazon|
|NETGEAR AC1600||2.4lbs||WiFi- 1300 + 300 Mbps, Cable – up to 600Mbps||N/A||Windows, Mac, TCP/IP networks.||Buy on Amazon|
The combo devices listed in this article will be able to offer you superb coverage to suit your needs. If you're looking for a whole new setup rather than an upgrade, Mesh Wi-Fi Networks have a lot to offer. Make sure to keep in mind the type of internet you have as well as the activities you engage in most while shopping!
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, CableONE & more; Double firewall protection (SPI and NAT firewall)
- Three-in-one DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + N300 WiFi Router+ 2 Gigabit Wired Switch. ELIMINTE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES - Up to $156 per year
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- NETGEAR Genie App - Content filtering Parental Controls allow you to manage your network from anywhere
- Note-check your cable internet service provider web site for data speed tier compatibility. Ieee 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz. Not compatible with cable bundled voice services
For those searching for a modem/router combo that is able to offer reliable, high-speed internet performance then the Netgear N300 Router Modem (C3000) is a great choice. It's one of the best choices out there as far as router/modem combination devices go. It offers eight downstream channels as well as excellent DOCSIS 3.0 connection capability for a high level of capability.
While it may not be a next-generation kind of Wi-Fi technology, the Netgear N300 will certainly be fast enough for most households. Furthermore, you'll be able to get 340Mbps as far as download speeds go, which isn't bad at all. It's also designed to work on most United States Internet Service Providers for a maximum level of convenience.
The Netgear N300 is a single-band N300 integrated router, which may not offer extra channels for more devices but not every household requires that kind of internet dedication. It does have two wired Gigabit Ethernet Ports to allow you to get decent speeds using wired connections as a result. That will allow you to bypass the need for WiFi so that you can get super fast internet for your devices easily.
You'll also be able to get data directly from your hard drive using the single USB port that the Netgear N300 features. Overall, it's a well-optimized product with a lot to offer, including the wireless-n capability. In conclusion, if you're looking for a great modem/router combo, the Netgear N300 is worth a look!
Make sure to check your signal regularly and reboot this device as needed in order to avoid a weak signal where it should otherwise be strong.
If you're looking for a combo modem device with a lot to offer at a lower cost, this is a fantastic option.
- 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in AC1900 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewallDFS, Power Boost, and more. This product is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 375 Mbps. A Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks. WiFi performance is exceptionally good, even in multi-dwelling units with lots of WiFi noise from neighbors. DFS and Power Boost are key
- Requires cable Internet service. Approved by and for use with Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, Suddenlink, WOW!, CableOne and other cable service providers. ELIMINATE CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES UP TO 156 DOLLARS PER YEAR. (Savings are shown for Xfinity and vary by cable service provider. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others. Model MG7550 has no phone jack.)
- Built-in high-speed WiFi router with AC1900 WiFi, and Power Boost, and DFS provides Internet access for WiFi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, game stations, HDTVs, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and AppleTV. Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers, HDTVs, game stations, streaming TV devices, and other Ethernet-capable devices.
- Wireless Power Boost adds high-performance WiFi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant boost in speed and range. The router can work on WiFi DFS frequencies, unlike most routers, so it is much less vulnerable to WiFi interference from neighbors. In addition, AnyBeam beamforming at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range.
- Integrating the cable modem and router creates a reliable connection that reduces unwieldy wiring and power adapter clutter while conserving desk space. The vertical design minimizes shelf space and improves cooling while looking great in any home or office. A two-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment. Includes phone and web support by friendly, professional USA-based technical support specialists. Phone support is provided in English and Spanish.
For those who need a high level of reliability, the Motorola AC1900 is one of the best router/modem combo devices you'll be able to find out there. Whether you need to connect your internet to wearables, connected smartphones or computers, this device is going to be ideal for you. In addition, you'll be able to get speeds up to 686Mbps, which is great for those who use internet more intensely.
The AC1900 offers the very top of reliability and speeds that are up to 16 times faster than other options out there. It offers four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports that can help you with getting the connection you need as well as DOCSIS 2.0. The AC1900 is also the smart choice when it comes to connection to many internet providers such as Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, Comcast XFINITY and Cox.
In addition, between the reliable WiFi and the ability to use a “Wireless Power Boost” feature, you can be certain that the AC1900 will be able to broadcast your WiFi far enough to reach just about every spot in your home within the limit of legality. You also won't have to worry about the need to restart your modem/router combo over and over to get a decent signal.
Consequently, the AC1900 is an excellent choice if you're looking to replace the standard router/modem device that may come alongside your ISP package. It has a lot to offer and can also keep you from having to pay those rental costs.
You'll want to keep an eye on your speed and connection with this device, because it can sometimes drop.
If you're a heavy streamer or gamer, this dual-band option will be ideal for getting the best speeds.
- Compatible with ADSL CenturyLink (NOT their VDSL) and major DSL service providers
- Not compatible with Verizon FIOS, AT&T U-verse or cable systems such as Comcast,Time Warner, Cablevision, Cox, Charter etc. WIRELESS SECURITY: TKIP, AES encryption, 802.1x authentication,Pre-Shared Key (PSK),MAC Address Filtering
- Preconfigured for simple setup and will auto-detect your specific service settings. Includes high-grade firewall, parental controls and a variety of protections and encryptions.
- Three products in one: full-rate ADSL 2/2+ modem, 4-port switch, and 300 Mbps wireless-N router. INTERFACES: Four 10/100 Ethernet Local Area Network, One Asymmetric digital subscriber line ( ADSL ) Port
- With the latest 802.11n technology your newer devices will achieve wireless N speeds.Backwards compatibility ensures that older wireless devices are supported, giving your wireless network the best of both worlds.The modem has been tested for maximum performance on all major DSL providers and supports ADSL2+ with speeds up to 24 Mbps downstream.
The Actiontec 300Mbps ADSL Wireless-n Modem Router is able to offer an easy solution for those who want something less than $100 that can suit their more basic internet needs. It's not one of the fastest cable router/modem combos, but it's a cheaper option for those who don't need intense internet capabilities. Do keep in mind that this device is made for DSL, not cable.
However, the Actiontec isn't going to be the ideal device for those who need internet connections for several different devices. It will be more ideal for light internet users who need no more than two clients. Therefore, if you live alone and need a basic ADSL 2/2+ modem that will allow you to browse the web and use email, this is a great option.
Furthermore, as a basic wireless-N device, the Actiontec offers speeds at around 300Mbps. While this isn't the quickest service, it's a decent amount to expect from a single-band wireless device of this nature. It's also going to ensure that you're getting reliable and consistent service throughout your entire home.
It is going to be important to keep in mind some of the limitations that the Actiontec might have. One has to do with the internet medium, which just means that cable is typically going to be faster than DSL in general. However, if you use DSL and need something to help give you a great signal then the Actiontec is a smart choice within the sub-$100 range.
This isn't going to be the fastest option, so if you're looking for a device that will allow you to get the speed needed for streaming, gaming and multiple devices then another option might be better.
For those who need something that can allow them to handle their basic internet needs without the monthly rental cost, this is a great option.
If you're keen on leveling up your home internet connection with the very highest speeds then the NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router is a great way to go. This modem/router combo offers a gigabit connection the will be able to offer modem speeds of up to 960Mbps. You'll also get the benefit of DOCSIS 3.0 technology and 24 downstream channels.
Furthermore, the AC1900 is a quite optimized device that's able to provide the latest wireless AC1900 speeds. Because of that, you can get speeds up to 1.9Gbps using the fantastic 1.6GHz processor. You'll also get a USB port to add to the overall convenience.
In addition, the features on the AC1900 are great. Between the gigabit speeds, overall specs and glowing user reviews to boot, you'll find this really is a great modem/router combo. It works well with just about any major U.S. cable provider, so you'll be able to use the AC1900 in a number of circumstances.
Overall, if you're looking for one of the best high-speed gigabit internet options, the AC1900 is a modem/router combo that may be just what you're looking for.
Customers have sometimes experienced problems with it holding a signal or rebooting at random.
If you're looking for reliable, high internet speed then this is a wonderful option.
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES - Up to $120 per year
- Two-in One DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + WiFi Router with 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB 2.0 port.System Requirements- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, or other operating systems running a TCP/IP network. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
- Up to 340Mbps modem speed and Dual-Band N450 (2.4GHz & 5GHz) WiFi speed. 8x4 channel bonding.
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming
If you're in the market for a dual-band router that can offer efficiency and speed, the NETGEAR N600 is worth checking out. Because it's a DOCSIS 3.0 modem router, it's capable of offering speeds up to 340Mbps on each band. Because the NETGEAR N600 is a dual-band router, you'll be able to connect more devices to get a greater value without paying much more than the single-band option.
In addition, the NETGEAR N600 is the perfect solution for those who need to connect a few clients without losing speed. Because of the available 300Mbps on each band, you'll get faster service on more devices at once. There are also four upstream channels (8x4) and eight downstream channels to make the experience more convenient.
While offering you faster service, the NETGEAR N600 will also be able to connect to most major U.S. ISPs. You'll also have the option to use Gigabit Ethernet ports if you want a wired connection that can help you to reach higher cable internet speeds. There's also a USB port that can help you to wirelessly share just about anything you need from your device's hard drive.
Overall, the NETGEAR N600 is very similar to the Netgear N300 DOCSIS 3.0 modem router, but offers the N600 wireless speeds and dual-bands rather than a single-band. Consequently, you'll get the DOCSIS 3.0 tech along with the ability to have more devices on the same network.
For those who spend long periods using their internet, such as through gaming or streaming sessions, do keep in mind that this device might reboot itself during.
If you need a dual-band modem/router combo that can handle multiple devices, this is well worth a look.
- This bundle contains the ARRIS SURFboard SB6141 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem and NETGEAR N600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Router (WNDR3400)
- Save on modem rental fees with your own cable modem
- Get the NETGEAR N600 Dual Band Wi-Fi for Wi-Fi speeds up to 600 mbps
- Bundle and Save
For those who enjoy heavy internet usage, a dual-band router that can handle it all is important. This combo includes a fantastic dual-band N600 router as well as the ARRIS SURFboard SB6141. Using the two devices together, you'll be able to get fantastic speeds and stay connected.
Whether it's for business or home use, this SURFboard and N600 package is a great modem/router combination. The N600 router offers 300 + 300Mbps speeds and a larger Wi-Fi range that is fantastic for medium to larger homes. You'll even find that this router works well for Windows 8 as well as other programs on your PC or Mac.
The SURFboard is a modem that works fantastically for some of the more standard ISPs, such as Cox, Xfinity and Time Warner Cable. It's a cable modem that offers two different bands with two connection speeds made up of a 5GHz Wi-Fi network and 2.4GHz one. Consequently, these dual options are ideal for those who want more control over which devices connect on which bands.
Heavy internet users will surely love this dual-band router and SURFboard setup. You'll be able to make use of four Gigabit Ethernet ports and download large files without having to worry about slowing down the internet speed for either yourself or other people. Once you plug it into the wall, you'll never want to change from this excellent cable modem and router combo.
To avoid slow speeds while getting the most you can out of a router and modem, the N600 and SURFboard combo is a fantastic one.
There are some major ISPs that this bundle doesn't work with, such as CenturyLink or Verizon.
If you're looking for a power-packed combo, this is a fantastic device to try out!
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, CableONE & more
- Three-in-one DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + AC1600 WiFi Router+ 2 Gigabit Wired Switch
- Up to 680Mbps modem speed and Dual-Band AC1600 (2.4GHz & 5GHz) WiFi speed. 16x4 channel bonding/ Approved for plans up to 300 Mbps
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 16x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- NETGEASR Genie App +Content filtering Parental Controls allow you to easily manage your network from your Mobile device.Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
The NETGEAR AC1600 is capable of offering a reliable Wi-Fi connection. It's a modem/router combo that uses DOCSIS 3.0 for your internet usage needs. It's also able to connect to larger ISPs like Time Warner Cable, Xfinity Comcast and Cox.
Whether it's streaming HD content or enjoying a high-speed online gaming session, the NETGEAR AC1600 is a great device to use. It can also help you to avoid the rental fees that can come with a modem on loan from your ISP.
Furthermore, the NETGEAR AC1600 can offer some of the fastest download speeds available of up to 680Mbps. You'll also be able to use the NETGEAR genie app to help maintain your connection. That will give you easier access to the information and status of your connection easily as a result.
Whether it's in your home or office, the NETGEAR AC1600 will be a huge benefit to your internet usage needs. You'll get a steady connection and fast download speeds that can keep you moving and productive as a result. In no time at all this device will surely become an adored tool in your household.
While many have enjoyed what this device has to offer, some have found the signal to be unstable and drop at random.
If you're on the hunt for a device that can offer you a reliable Wi-Fi connection, this is a wonderful option.
If you're looking for higher speeds or a greater range to cover a larger home, there are plenty of modem/router combo devices that can help you get what you're looking for. Many of these devices also work well with just about any U.S. cable provider.
In this list, the NETGEAR AC1600 holds the highest rank due to it's combination of efficiency, speed and cost. It works with most standard IPSs, so you won't have to worry too much about it not working with whatever internet you have. In conclusion, any one of these combination devices is a great option that will be able to suit all of your internet needs.